Community Living Quinte West provides services and supports to enrich the lives of persons with Intellectual Disabilities. We encourage persons trained in the social services fields (DSW, PSW, SSW, CYW, CJSW) to apply and we keep resumes on file for a period of 6 months.
This position is for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about working with people with disabilities. All positions are part-time unless otherwise stated.
|Shifts Vary: Days, Evenings, Overnights, Weekends and Casual Hours
What we need and expect you to bring to the job:
- Provision of dignified personal care and supports for persons with disabilities
- Assistance to supported individuals using a person centered approach
- Advocate for the individuals you support
- Support for the team environment
We are offering you:
- Rewarding work in a growing workplace
- Work-life balance
- Competitive wages
- Ongoing training and opportunities for Professional Development
- The opportunity to take shifts that work around your other commitments
- Employee Assistance Program
This is what we are looking for:
- Post Secondary Education in Developmental Service Worker (DSW), Social Service Worker (SSW), Child and Youth Care Worker (CYW), Community and Justice Services (CJSW) or Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Experience in Developmental Services field would be an asset
- Communication and behaviour management skills are a must.
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Current First Aid/CPR-C and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Valid Driver’s License and Insurance
- Competency in computer use would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications need to be sent marked confidential and include resume and covering letter to:
Director of Operations and Human Resources
Community Living Quinte West
22 Front Street Unit 109
Trenton, Ontario K8V 6C5
(Note: E-Mail or hard copy only, no fax copies will be accepted)